DIPLOMATS FROM EUROPEAN UNION STATEMENT ON THE ANTI-GAY LAW IN UGANDA
We, the undersigned, are deeply concerned and disappointed about the enactment of the Anti-Gay Bill in Uganda.
We strongly believe that all humans share common indivisible rights. The Anti-Gay Law contradicts this universal principle and the Ugandan Commitment to protect the basic human rights of all of its citizens.
We would like to remind the Government of Uganda of its constitutional and international human rights obligations. Having ratified the African Charter of Human and Peoples' Rights, as well as the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, Uganda is obliged to guarantee the human rights infringed by the Anti-Gay Law .
- Urban Andersson, Ambassador of Sweden
- David Angel, Canadian High Commissioner
- Alison Blackburne, British High Commissioner
- Dónal Cronin, Chargé d' Affaires of Ireland
- A Stefano Dejak, Ambassador of Italy
- Scott H. DeLisi, Ambassador U.S
- Klaus Dieter Düxmann, Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Dan E. Frederiksen, Ambassador of Denmark
- Sofie From- Emmesberger, Ambassador of Finland
- Thorbjørn Gaustadsæther, Ambassador of Norway
- Alain Hanssen, Ambassador of Belgium
- Alphons Hennekens, Ambassador of the Netherlands
- Simone Knapp, Head of Office, Austrian Embassy Development Cooperation
- Sophie Makame, Ambassador of France
- Gisli Palsson, Chargé d' Affaires a.i of Iceland
- Kristian Schmidt, Ambassador and Head of Delegation of the European Union
- Geoff Tooth, Australian High Commissioner